Police Department

Field Operations

K-9 Unit

Traffic Services


Crime Mapping

Child/Passenger Safety

Identity Theft tips

Support Services


Communications Unit

Property and Evidence

School Resources Services

Animal Services

Volunteers in Policing





Report Request Form

How do I get a copy of a Police Report?

    Reports may be released either by mail or in person during business hours. You will need to complete a request form and present identification.  Selma Police Department Records Division is located at 1935 E. Front St. Selma, California.  Business hours are Monday-Thursday from 9am to 4pm  and Friday 12pm to 4pm (559) 891-2231.

Who can get a copy of a Police Report?

    You can only get copies of police reports which directly involve you. You must be an “involved party” (or a parent of a minor child) in order to obtain a copy of a police/traffic accident report.  Any case still under investigation will not be released.  Some reports contain confidential information and cannot be released.

Who is an “involved party?”

    These parties may include; victim, suspect (exceptions may apply), reporting party, party mentioned, driver, registered owner.   You will be required to present identification to verify your “involved party” status.

When are reports available?

    If the case involves an arrest or is up for criminal review, the report may not be released until after the case has been adjudicated, dismissed or declined.  

How much does it cost?

    Police reports are $15.00 each. We accept cash, checks or Visa. Checks should be made payable to the Selma Police Department.

My car was towed. How do I get it back?

  • Provide the license plate number

  • When and from where it was towed

  • Registered owner must obtain a vehicle release at the police department

  • If the registered owner does not have a valid driver’s license, he/she must bring someone with them who does and can drive the vehicle

  • Everything must be current with the Department of Motor Vehicles

  • A fee in the amount of $176.00 must be paid to the Selma Police Department if your vehicle was impounded.

  • A fee in the amount of $109.00 must be paid to the Selma Police Department if your vehicle was stored.

  • Additional fees at the tow yard may apply. Vehicle releases are only processed during normal business hours.

Records Office Direct Line (559) 891-2231

For more information about Records contact Robyn Lewis at (559) 891-2277 or RobynL@cityofselma.com



Copyright 2004 City of Selma, California  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED